- What is Hypnosis used for?: behavior/pattern change, anxiety, depression, fears, phobias, confidence, performance, personal growth, self-healing
- Is Hypnosis a form of mind control?: Hypnosis is a very common state to be in and most of us experience a state of hypnosis regularly. Contrary to Hollywood’s portrayal there is no ‘sunken place’ and you can’t be made to do anything against your will in Hypnosis. It’s a relaxed state of fixated attention where the conscious mind can be bypassed to work directly with the subconscious. Driving a familiar route and zoning out, crying while watching a sad movie, daydreaming, and being so engrossed in something of interest that you tune out the background are all common states of Hypnosis.
- How does it work?: Hypnosis is similar to updating software on your computer. All of the information that produces thought patterns, behaviors, reactions and responses is stored in the subconscious mind. In order to access the subconscious database of stored information, the conscious mind or critical factor must be in a relaxed state of awareness. Once accessed, outdated limiting beliefs and thought patterns that produced certain behaviors, responses and reactions can be removed and new thoughts and beliefs related to the desired goal can be installed.
- What is a Hypnosis session like?: It’s good to allow 1.5-2 hours for session. Dress comfortably and eat something within a few hours of appt so you don’t come hungry . First an intake will be done to determine the area for change, the beliefs and patterns related to it and the desired goals. During hypnosis the client will be relaxing on a massage table and guided into a state of focused attention and relaxation. The client will be able to hear everything that is said, although their awareness may fade in and out. There may be a sense of time distortion. Most people feel refreshed and energized after a hypnosis session, like they woke up from a great nap.
- How many Hypnosis sessions will I need?: It varies, but most people experience positive changes in 1-3 sessions.
- What if I can’t be hypnotized?:All hypnosis is self hypnosis and because it’s a natural, regularly experienced state anyone can be in it.
- What’s the difference between hypnosis and meditation?: In meditation, focused attention and relaxation is used to quiet the mind and allow the body to rest or heal. In hypnosis the same focused attention and relaxation is used to direct the mind towards the desired goal.
Some clients may want Reiki only treatments, but because Reiki accelerates the benefits of Hypnosis everyone who asks for hypnosis wants Reiki too.